This is so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm sure they'll do it for companies... To bring the Dell name forward I guess. I mean think about it, you'd want money from companies. But still, those are minor upgrades you know. They shouldn't be busting his back. They have plenty of that stuff, they're laptops aren't selling like hotcakes.

Heyyo,

Dell's a decent company, but all big computer companies have their flaws man. No time for the little guy is usually it. Dell laptops are supposed to be decent, but I'mma say Toshiba is the best. I hear dell's don't even come with floppy drives anymore as a standard setup.. I mean, wth eh?

Most laptop's dont come with floppy drives

Dell's are hell, rubbish peices of dark brown shit. Period.

screw DELL!!!!!!dell rips everyone off there are no good deals there thay are just a bunch of scammers for newbies who dont know anything about pcs best tech support my ass man who uses tech support for a damn computer??if u do ur really dumb and shouldnt own a computer. and did i mention DELL sucks who has a sideways e for a symbol that a friggin symbol of stupidity. God i hate dell sorry for the lame words but i had to because tf dont like swear words lol

Dell has alot of discounts, and their prices are better than some other companies. Timmer, I don't know if you were joking or not, but your rant was stupid, and elitist. (ps, Floppy drives will add unwanted pounds to the laptop)

Also, does dell even have a store? I'm pretty sure they just sell online, but I'm not that sure.

dell isn't a bad company. they make very reliable computers for fiarly good prices for those who can't (or don't want to) build a pc themselves. we have 3 dell's at home, my 7yr old laptop, my old pc (2.5yrs old, now my bro's), and my dad's 5yr old pc. none of them have even required a phone call to dell. if i were buying a laptop right now, dell would probably be the first place i'd buy it from.

jnev_89 said:
dell isn't a bad company. they make very reliable computers for fiarly good prices for those who can't (or don't want to) build a pc themselves. we have 3 dell's at home, my 7yr old laptop, my old pc (2.5yrs old, now my bro's), and my dad's 5yr old pc. none of them have even required a phone call to dell. if i were buying a laptop right now, dell would probably be the first place i'd buy it from.

Ignorance is dangerous. If you're someone who likes to hand control of your pc over to a large company rather than learn how to handle it yourself, then Dell's not too bad.
The reason a lot of people on this forum - and in the tech world in general - hate Dells is because they're so popular with the "masses" and none of can understand why. Well, it boils down to ignorance:

a: Dells are overpriced considering what you're getting. For what Dell makes and charges, I could put the same together for probably half (and that is true regarding pc companies across the board). And, I would use better parts.
b: Dells use proprietary parts which are argueably not quality parts and yet are quite overpriced. I upgraded my friends computer with another 256MB Dimm which I purchased, a high quality RAM, on newegg, for $17. The same type of RAM, but less quality, Dell wanted you to pay $50 on their website.
c: Dell also designs their machines in a way that makes it difficult to upgrade hardware. I had to do some fancy "modding" just to put an extra HD in my friend's Dell case.

If you know little about computers and prefer to be "taken care of" then go ahead and waste your money on a Dell. But when you know, you avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom