$6-700 gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why an intel system for gaming?

I also have that PSU he has, and defiantly needs a better PSU

Not everything has to come from newegg you know.
Athlon 64 3000+=146
Epox 250GB mobo-70
1 gig of corsair Value select-80
160 gig hard drive IDE-40 dollars at comp usa(seagate)
Case- 30 dollar case
Power supply- Xclio 450 watt power supply=53
6800GT AGP- EVGA 270 after mail in rebates at monarch
That leaves 10 dollars for the CD drive. No need to get a DVD :)

Newegg is good because it saves shipping buying from one place, secure and reliable

Why the HELL are you recomend an epox mobo? And value select? And a no name PS?

Okay he is on a bit of a budget, but that epox will probolly fail on him. Abit AN8 is great if he's keeping a tight budget. Also a thermaltake TT-420AD will save some dough as well

Epox made a good 250GB mobo. Do a google on it. The Xclio is known for being a good budget psu. Check Dfi-street. Value select for stock speeds. Not everyone needs to overclock DJ. And, if he does, theres always this thing called the ram divider.

Hacp said:
Not everything has to come from newegg you know.
Athlon 64 3000+=146
Epox 250GB mobo-70
1 gig of corsair Value select-80
160 gig hard drive IDE-40 dollars at comp usa(seagate)
Case- 30 dollar case
Power supply- Xclio 450 watt power supply=53
6800GT AGP- EVGA 270 after mail in rebates at monarch
That leaves 10 dollars for the CD drive. No need to get a DVD :)

What is the point of having a 6800GT and not having a DVD drive. Most new games are coming out on DVD media only.

Ok, then spend that extra 15 dollars and get a dvd rom instead of a cd drive.

The 6800GT is screwing up your whole system, because you want to pay $hitloads of money for a 6800GTm your going to have to get cheap (and thats not cheap like inexpensive, its cheap like its $hit) parts. I say get brand name parts, a solid S939 processor/motherboard, solid PSU, reasonably quick RAM, and a PCI-E 6600GT. that way you'll still be able to play BF2 maxed and still have a system that will keep running a week after you build it. A 6800GT on an Epox board will be $hit, a 6600GT on a DFI board will be awesome.

Sw1tch please explain why the epox board will be shit when it has a 6800GT on it. Do you have benchmarks proving that the DFI motherboard with a 6800GT pci-e will perform better than a epox mobo with a 6800GT? If not, then please don't provide insight on assumptions that you may or may not be able to confirm.

The first motherboard I bought for my first build was an Epox EP-8RDA3IPRO. the price was right, and did i sure pay for it. I was in the same situation as this guy. I tell you, this board was awful! the onboard LAN never worked, the BIOS was shady because i never could get the AGP speeds right, and when i tried to update the bios it just removed it and wouldn't let me install the new software. Don't go with Epox, go with Gigabyte, DFI, Abit, anything but Epox.

like i said, get a lesser videocard so you could get higher quality parts for everythig else. a 6600GT is a very good videocard, you won't be dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom