HELP!! Access Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffthomas

Solid State Member
Guys,

I'm in the process of going through an Access table with like 77,600 people. I've been instructed to take every 5th person out and throw them in an Excel spreadsheet. I've created a new column with and set it to AutoNumber, but how code it to provide me with every fifth doctor. Please, I reallllly would kill myself if I have to go through each 5 manually. I haven't been trained in SQL, but can someone just provide me with the code or what to do where I can get every fifth record (1, 5, 10, 15....)? Thanks and PLEASE HELP :)

did it, start a new query in design view. open the table you need. double click the feild you want to show, the doc's name. enter the following expression for the criteria.
![NumberFeild] MOD 5 = 0

YO! You are that man! Thanks a billion CS. You saved me soooooooo much time. I really gotta give it up to you because I've asked like 25 of my friends today and no one had an idea. One guy is a DBA. Anyway, thanks a billion bro.

Hey man, another question....Do you know how to take out specific text from a column? For example, there is an address field and in the field their might be a suite #. Well, I've now been told to add another column and to call that Address2. Is there anyway I can filter it out where I can pull out anything that says suite # in Address field1 and put it into a Address2 field? Sounds a bit complex, but it will again save me a billion hours of my time. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom