uber-fast boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you hibernate, it shuts down the computer. You can turn all power off. Its still considered hibernating.

mine boots up in probably 13 seconds or so and it's not even like a ridiculous machine or anything

Mine takes 15 seconds to from shut down to up and running. GO hibernate! Everyone should use it. (ps it is less if I enable quick boot on my bios)

Try it. you'll improve your boot up by alot. Startup will never ever waste your time again!

if you hibernate, what happens if you turn the comp off at the plug? how does hibernate actally work? does it just save the ram data to the harddrive?

just a high end gaming pc... with a good overclock
Meh, I don't really consider it 'high end' gaming machine and considering it's a venice it's a decent overclock in which I'm actually pretty pissed/disappointed about. Took me a helluva lot of time and paychecks to get where it is now....this time last year I had a 2400+ XP (not the mobile) an MSI KT6V mobo, 256mb of PC2700 RAM and a dead FX5700256mb so I was having to use a GF2 MX32mb, this is all not to mention it woulda been a month before I joined here in which my first question was "How do you choose a PSU" :p

scary stuff

Out of all my PC experience I've never used Hibernate mode or Sleep mode if you will. What does it do? Like a temporary shut-down? I don't like leaving my PC on at night because I don't want to leave it on for so long. Will Sleep mode help it? I never really payed attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom