uber-fast boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
im doing work experience at an architects company, and their pc's boot REALLY fast. is this because they have 2GB of ram?

If they are company computers then it is most likely because they have no crap running at startup like are on most home user computers. What are the specs, and what is the boot time in seconds?

im not too sure, as ur not really aloud to fiddle with them, lol

as best i know:

2GB ram
p4? 3Ghz?
radeon 9200 (i think)

the boot time is about 15-20 secs. it kicks the stuffing out of mine!

what crap may i have that would really slow down my boot speed? how can i speed it up?

Go to run, type in msconfig on the last tab of the window that comes up it says start-up you can untick everything there safely, but you don't want to untick everything due to graphics cards drivers, anti-virus etc. being there.

What hdd.? They probally have a super fast scsi or something. And no internet adaware etc. slowing down start-up. My PC boots up in just under 25s when I first instal.

15-20 secs is about my boot time, theirs maybe a bit quicker. But as you say, you're not really allowed to fiddle with them, so that's probably why they boot so fast.

Office computers are usually never defragged, so it is unusual that they boot so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom