Cpu Temp sensor placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee42lee

Baseband Member
I have a Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A case and I need help with the cpu temp sensor. The manual with the case says to install it between the pins on the cpu but I have a AMD 3500 and there isn't enough room for the wires between the pins. Where should I put this sensor?? Thanks for any help.

Lee

do you have a regualr 3500? or a 64bit. On the regular athlon xps, you can sneak the probe in next to the die in between the pcb and heatsink

Heyyo,

Hmm, I remember some mobo's are generous and have little open spots around the sides of the socket, if so you slip the heat sensor through those, and it should be smack in the middle of the socket afterwards. I think Asus does this, msi doesn't.. You might be able to just drill yourself a hole depending on how they have the socket setup.. well, if you wanna risk it that is. If not? well, you could try just taping it beside the heatsink or the socket, the readings won't be accurate though. On the heatsink the temp would be higher, and on the socket the temp would be lower than the cpu's actual temp.

They never made an Athlon xp above 3200+ did they? Anyways don't worry about it just use monitoring software that comes with the motherboard or something else to monitor the CPU while in windows. If you want you can place the diode on your HDD to get its temps :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom