Spyware problems on my Family PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Whoooaaaa people! Let's get facts straight. WIndows xp pro ships with I think only 5 peices of spyware max. Just basic m$ trackers to monitor the system. It's part of their licence agreement I think, to get anonymous information aboot your OS.

Ok, so letme clarify something else, Internet Exploiter (explorer, your preference, lol) is pure crap. Rediculous how much spyware you get onnit. Does anyone in your family visit sites like neopets? that one's pure disaster. Same with many other sites. Btw, some spyware mimmicks the windows theemed windows, so don't trust those either tyler.

Now, here's one major source of spyware: msn plus. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU GUYS INSTALL IT YOU REFUSE THE SPONSOR. Otherwise? you'll need to uninstall msn plus to remove the spyware, and try again and REFUSE the sponsor this time.

Spybot's good, but it doesn't get it all on its own. You'll want other ones too. I suggest using ad aware as well. I use both SB S&D, and AD Aware, and my system's clean. Try to get everyone on your family to exile Internet Exploiter, or it'll just cause more hurt. Just google ad aware, you'll find it simple enough.

Depending on how long you've used IE, the spyware could be permanently pouring in man, so just pray you got it off in time.

And if you want to truly cleanse your IE, get a program called "hijackthis" WARNING: if you mess up with it, you could destroy your copy of IE, but all you'd need to do is reinstall it again, so it's not pure death. But yeah, try to be careful anywho. Just do a scan with hijackthis, and then google the results, see if anyone else reports those parts as spyware. I do that all the time when I'm out fixing people's computers that are chunkfull of spyware. Remember folks, your e-wang increases if you use google excessively. ;)

I only have a brother who is 19 and my father sometimes goes on it. I've already established what the problem is. See the thing is my brother doesn't go on those stupid sites that deserve to be destroyed. Or put in an online concentration camp. (no offense to jews).

You should only use IE to get Windows Updates and to go to the Firefox download page. It serves no other purpose. That way you should greatly lessen the risk of getting spyware.

Yeah. My brother got into FireFox lately, and even says that it's a lot better than IE and he doesn't know a lot about those type of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom