mIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserBasara

Baseband Member
I used NoNameScript. When I logged off trillian, I noticed I immediately lost connection on IRC.

What the heck is going on?

Well since you were chatting using IRC and you closed down trillian IRC closes down as well just like you cannot chat using AIM when you close triallian down. There are 5 chat plugins and the program must be running to use them.

So you're saying that you use noname script (with a separate installation of mIRC), and when you close trillian (that you're not running IRC on) you lose connection in NN?

Odd, It sounds like a bug in trillian to me. Try and see if there's a way within trillian to disable IRC completely.

mIRC, damn I haven't used that in ages. I forgot what the damn thing looks like. Eh, anyways... I never really got into mIRC, I heard it was unstable. I don't know what to believe until I see it for myself. I'm just too lazy to go check it out. Someone tell me if it's good or not, lol, because you've got me started.

Ok, back when I used trillian (mind you this was a LONG time ago) there was an option to disable IRC support in which case it wouldnt mess with any of your current connections.

PC Man Brian: Its not really that mIRC is unstable its usually that server owners have dissatisfied users. For instance the gamesurge network always has really poor performance and since the switch from gamesnet to gamesurge (due to a lawsuit) alot of the good support staff left. There for kids decided that they would DDoS the hell out of it, not the most mature action that could be taken but they did get their point across that they didnt like their service.

Download GAIM. Go to yahoo and type in GAIM. It's like AIM except formatted of a Linux type thing. I use it and it's spyware free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom