Spyware problems on my Family PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Man Brian

In Runtime
Yeah we had a virus in it so I reformatted it. We got XP Home Edition back on it and we had spyware on the PC already... Okay so I reformat again except I deleted the partition and made a new one and then reformatted. This time when my brother went on the internet this morning to download FireFox little boxes popped up sayin "you're computer may be infected with spyware" and kept coming up one after another. I'm baffled on this because I've never had this problem when I've reformatted before. Does anyone understand this problem, because I sure as hell don't.

IMO little boxes do they look like from win 2000 boxes if so its spam i get that all the time. they pop up time to time saying your computer may be infected plz click here. tell me i may be wrong.

You are correct. That's exactly it, I just don't know how to get rid of it. I used spybot. It keeps picking up things but they come back. Please, tell me how to rid of this. Please.

dude there pop ups i jsut use my firefox and they dont come up somtimes they do just get a spam blocker i hate them too dude i fell your pain IE gets that crap all the time.

then its something in your cookie's. or someone sub. into something thats making them pop-ups come up. check you internet options for that stuff

Ok end of the story right here

Those pop ups you are seeing are built in spyware in to windows NT. These pop ups will never bother you again when you download all the critical updates.

Tyler1989 said:
Ok end of the story right here

Those pop ups you are seeing are built in spyware in to windows NT. These pop ups will never bother you again when you download all the critical updates.

Built in spyware? thats new to me...So MS is shipping XP with built in spyware? I beleive what he is seeing is the messeger service popups. Turn it off is services and update to sp2

Yes, but I heard SP2 screws with you're system. So I'm iffy on that. The PC I'm on right now wants me to update to SP2 but like I said I'm iffy from what I've heard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom