I need help extremely badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballphreak

Solid State Member
My new case came from FedEx yesterday (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6779449555&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT) , and I'm in need of desperate help. My computer is not turning on while in the new case. It came with a Powmax 450W PSU. I didn't get any new components except 2 new case fans, which I connected with the molex connectors. In all I connected 2 CD drives, my FDD, my HDD, 2 front case fans connected by the molex connectors, one side fan connected by molex. When I hit the power switch everything turned on for no longer than a second then shut off. It won't turn on now. I thought, the power supply is probably a piece of garbage, and tried my old 300W PSU. With this, I see my heatsink fan budge a little bit every time I press the power switch, then the light on the PSU indicating a power source goes off. I don't know how to get my system working in this new case, and I don't know what's wrong. Can someone help?

Do you have all of the plugs plugged in? INCLUDING the little 4 pin power one that connects to the mobo? That is what usually happens when you do not have the 4 pin plug in. Either that, or your PSU is too small.

So you are CERTAIN that ALL of the power connectors are properly in place? What kind of board and CPU do you have? Check to make sure the power switch on the back of the PSU is in it correct respective position (110V or 220V)

If you have front USB ports on the case and they are plugged in, you may have to reverse them. Mine does the exact thing when I put them in what looks like the right way. Try unplugging them altogether first though.

Never encountered that. Whenever I do that, I just get errors when I load up Windows. I dont see why that would stop your computer from turning on.

because it has to do w/ power and can short, i get the same thing sometimes and one time it started smoking on my moms computer (whoops lol). Its either that or you have something else shorting it out.

Heyyo,

Hmm, this's a problem with buying online.. never quite sure..

Try seeing if you can borrow a PSU from a comp shop, test it in your comp, just plug it into the mobo, no need to do the rest. If the system starts up fine and if you have the internal pc speaker and it beeps? your psu was shot. Thank god i have a bud who works at a comp shop, so I just need to ask him stuff. Heck, I've gotten a free Thermaltake volcano12 HSF cause some n00b tried to force it in with pliers and bent the vents, I just unbent, and bam, free $70 (well, if it were new and undamaged) HSF, not bad eh? ;)

But now? I would've rather gotten a gigabyte 3d rocket cooler.. my comp would be soo much better...

Would having the front panel connectors in the wrong pins have anything to do with it? Are all front panel pin layouts the same? Because I just looked at my friends mobo pin layout in his manual and went off of that. I don't know the pin layout of mine. I have an ASUS K8N8X-LA.

The pin layout varies from manufacturer to model. Go to Asus' website and find the manual for your board if you lost your real one. The .pdf usually has the pin layout in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom