Corsair vs. Ocz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psht, yes I do

This is 16 player with bots, i use more on 64 player though. This XP install is 2 weeks old as well

it's taking basically 512mb of ram...HALF of a freakin gig...the rest of your gig is being taken up by a crapload of junk running in the background

*Rings the bell * LETS GET IT ON !.. A Gig is plenty, you don't need an extra in there even if you are playing BF2..there is still that other half gig that you can use for w/e, background crap, music, chat clients, whatever else you have.

Nubius said:
it's taking basically 512mb of ram...HALF of a freakin gig...the rest of your gig is being taken up by a crapload of junk running in the background

What crap, it's a clean system

Right here typing, it's using only 318 meg

It's used that amount of ram for BFII since day 1 of my install of XP, and yes im using an origional fully licensed CD.

do you mean page file usage?

coz using that much on background progs is total bs.

i havent got BF2 or Doom3 at the moment, so i cant check how much mem they use on my comp. but there is absolutely no way in all the 9 hells that BF2 is using up that much of your memory.

ive seen it go +300000k wile playin Bf2 (sry not sure wut that translates to in megs).
btw, if u'r gonna OC then get G SKill, it's the best ram for OC'ing.

I will never buy Corsair XMS again, its good RAM but I dont know it just doesnt stand out. The high quality OCZ products are the best and at a reasonable price. The Platinum Revision2 series or the Gold series are your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom