tweeking a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

supa fly

Solid State Member
hi i was wondering if there are anything that can speed up and make a computer perform beter. now i know that u can change the speed or how fast the computer runs but that u need to kool it so it doesnt over heat. i will most likely need to buy a fan. but my question is how do u change that. i know that u hit f1 and u change it their but i try it but i dont know where to change it. so if any one could help me that would be great thanx

Hmm, maybe read it?

Overclocking basically makes your CPU run faster.

There's also an overclocking sticky at the top of this forum.

dude i suggest you to not overclock your computer.. because you have no experience with that, you might screw your computer up.

i can cuz im suppose to and plus i can screw up comps if i want to cuz im a computer scientist in training and its my project and trust me my sckool go crap load of comps and this is what im supposed to do " trial and error"

Overclocking is not that hard, but I suggest you read quite a bit.

One thing for general PC knowledge I would suggest reading, is Upgrading and Reparing PC's 16 Editiot by Scott Meuler

Than read all the OC'ing sticky's, and you should be set.

EDIT: That book doesnt really deal that much with the upgrading and reparing aspect, it just gives you a large amount of PC hardware knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom