OS wont boot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macdude425 said:
RARELY Windows will run when you make hardware changes, but you must exchange almost identical parts for this to work. 9/10ths of the time, you will need to reformat and start from scratch.

Looks like you are gonna have to do the second choice.

Oh, I never knew that. Now I know for ahead of time, thanks.

Tyler1989 said:
That is because windows XP will not run if there are huge hardware changes and a mobo is important. It's best to use your XP recovery CD and see if it will adapt to the new hardware if not you may need a fresh re install....

Look this was the first post in reply yet I don't think you read it. WINDOWS WILL NOT WORK if you use DIFFERENT HARDWARE. As macdude also told you you need almost identical hardware to fool the system.

Heyyo,

Yeah, windows = crap for big hardware changes. Now, guys, he doesn't need to reformat, that'll lose all his data. All he has to do is reinstall a fresh copy of windows over his existing one.

Now, by how it's looking for a boot record only on the floppy, either you got a bad floppy disk in there, or you havn't setup your boot selection. Your bios probably hasn't fully adapted to your current setug I guess. Go into your bios, and look at the boot list. I suggest putting it floppy, cdrom, then IDE0/Hard drive name.. whatever your bios wants to call it.

So yes, fix up your boot list, then try reinstalling windows xp from the cd. You don't need a boot disk to do that. Windows xp cd comes with its own little boot record... so yep.

Btw, Fedora rocks. Changed a mobo n' cpu onnit, it detected it n' reconfigured itself automatically, oh, windows got pwned by a free open source OS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom