Window Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

QBA

Baseband Member
Hi

IÂ’m running:

WinXP Pro SP2, MotherBoard P4P800-E Deluxe

I just installed a new Western Digital 320 GB SATA hard drive on the RAID1 port.

The drive is working fine, I just partitioned and transfer data into it but now every time I restart my system Windows say found a new hardware, with the hardware icon beside the clock and after a few minutes it shows me a window that say:

“There was a problem installing this hardware”

“IDE Channel”

“An error occurred during the installation of the device”

“Driver is not intended for this platform” (And a button that say finish)

In the other hand if I unplug the SATA and restart my system windows doesnÂ’t find new hardware or show me the error window, so I guess is the SATA

Why this error window is showing up if my sata seem to be working fine?

Do I need to get some particular driver for this error to stop?

Thanks

Alex

Service pack 2 has nothing to do with this, and their's no major problems with it, but if you put SP2 on an OS filled with virus's and spyware, yeah bye bye windows install.

If you can, go into device manager and see if their is an exclimation mark over anything.

Have you installed special SATA or IDE drivers, I would recomend getting the latest ones off of the motherbaord manafactuers site.

i agree with chris. you should go to device manager and see if the device works properly.

Thanks guys,

1.) I have install drivers from my mother board CD but nothing happend, I went to their site and there is a drive called P4P800-E 1007 P4P8E007.zip that says "Patch system cannot detect SATA HDD" once I unziped it has this file inside that I can really install by upgrading the drivers under "Device Manager" P4P8E007.rom, here is the link for my mother board drivers and that file.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P4P800-E Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

Are there any other driver I should get to fix this?

2.) Under my Bios :

IDE Configuration:

Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced Mode]

Enhanced Mode Suppoert On [S-ATA]

Configured S-ATA as RAID [NO]

IDE Detec Time Out (Sec) [35]

Advanced:

Onboard AC'97 Audio [Auto]

Onboard Promise Controller [Enable]

Operation Mode [IDE] <---- (The other mode is Raid but I have a IDE hard drive connect it to the "Pri_Raid" port and Operation Mode has to be set up as IDE for that hard drive to work because I'm not using it as a Raid)

Again the S-ATA Hard drive is working finethe only dilema is that error message everytime I restart

3.) I think windows is trying to install two hard drives rather than one because it try to install two hardware device everytime I restart and it give me the same error message twice.

“There was a problem installing this hardware”

“IDE Channel”

“An error occurred during the installation of the device”

“Driver is not intended for this platform” (And a button that say finish)

I will try to attach a image of what my device manager looks like, so you guys can see how there are two IDE Channels with a yellow exclamation mark, when I really have only one Sata hard drive.

Attachments

• devicemanager.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom