win explorer shows previous cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundersticks

Beta member
I have winxp sp1,cdrw,dvd drive,every time i use a cd then try a different cd my drives still show the ejected cd in them?
the only way i can use the drive again is to reboot, i refresh the empty drive same problem, it still shows the icon of previous cd.
startup has very few items in it and all valid ones,this is especially a problem when installing games on 2 cds,when it asks for cd2 and wont give a option to change drive letter it still reads cd1!

autorun will not function, and the cd's don't appear to spin up.

i cant seem to find any info on this prob any help would be appreciated.

Ive had this problem in the past... Im pretty sure its a bug in SP1 though I could be wrong.
Reason why I say this is because it started when I updated to SP1. It wasnt too much of a problem for me as I learnt to live with it, But later on I formatted/Reinstalled to XP pro (without no Serveice Packs) and now I dont get that problem.
So I havent updated to SP1 since

i remember having this problem, it could have been from SP1, but i remember that when i uninstalled norton anti-virus the problem went away. i don't trust SP1 or any winXP updates at all, i do not have them installed and have not had any problems with my computer.

actually this has happened to me when using Windows 98 SE, it just takes the first CD label and uses that until reboot, it is not really a problem though. Drives generally do not like to be re-labelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom