Check Out This Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I kinda want to agree with you Brian. The CLT has higher resolution, better looks (IMO) and is cheaper. Seems like the better choice to me.

vaderpro says the viewsonic has better dot pitch. I don't even know what dot pitch is but this is what they are:

CLT: 0.26mm
ViewSonic: 0.25mm diagonal

lower dot pitch is better then right?

:sigh: maby I'll get some more opinions to help me decide.

It would be really helpfull if someone could answer these three questions for me:

1. What exactly is the resolution of a monitor?

2. What is dot pitch?

3. Which monitor has better dot pitch?

or......

If you know of a better monitor than einther of these thats in the same general price range, you could suggest that.

thanks, j4ckaL

Ok, you need to do some google searching. Just punch in exactly what you want to know ie "CRT dot pitch"

You want a high resolution , ie 1600X1200 is great and u want a low dot pitch .25 or lower.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/dot_pitch.html

Resolution:
Referring to the sharpness and clarity of an image, resolution is the term most often used to describe monitors, printers, and bit-mapped graphic images. In the case of dot-matrix and laser printers, the resolution indicates the number of dots per inch. For example, a 300-dpi (dots per inch) printer is one that is capable of printing 300 distinct dots in a line 1 inch long. This means it can print 90,000 dots per square inch.

For graphics monitors, the screen resolution signifies the number of dots (pixels) on the entire screen. A 640-by-480 pixel screen is capable of displaying 640 distinct dots on each of 480 lines, or about 300,000 pixels. This translates into different dpi measurements depending on the size of the screen. For example, a 15-inch VGA monitor (640x480) displays about 50 dots per inch.

Printers, monitors, scanners, and other I/O devices are often classified as high resolution, medium resolution, or low resolution. The actual resolution ranges for each of these grades is constantly shifting as the technology improves.
Video RAM Required for Different Resolutions

Resolution 256 colors (8-bit) 65,000 colors (16-bit) 16.7 million colors (24-bit, true color)
640x480 512K 1 MB 1 MB
800x600 512K 1 MB 2 MB
1,024x768 1 MB 2 MB 4 MB
1,152x1,024 2 MB 2 MB 4 MB
1,280x1,024 2 MB 4 MB 4 MB
1,600x1,200 2 MB 4 MB 6 MB

Refresh Rate:
"Vertical Refresh Rate" or "Vertical Scan Rate" is the maximum number of frames that can be displayed on a monitor in a second, expressed in Hertz.

The scan rate is controlled by the vertical sync signal generated by the video controller, ordering the monitor to position the electron gun at the upper left corner of the raster, ready to paint another frame. It is limited by the monitor's maximum horizontal scan rate and the resolution, since higher resolution means more scan lines. Increasing the refresh rate decreases flickering, reducing eye strain, but few people notice any change above 60-72 Hz.

You've only looked at 2 monitors, I would look at more, and try to find some reviews. I've heard good things about Viewsonic and Samsungs. Good luck.

oooo..., something to save for, I am still useing an old crt from about 10 years ago, lol it works though...

thanks man.

I knew I should have searched that stuff but I got lazy.

Yeah, I like that one alot exept for the color (I prefer black).

I'll look around some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom