clearing searchs on google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerner

Baseband Member
hello !
I'm trying to figure out how to purge my search results on Google so my old searchs don't keep coming up? Is there any way of doing this ? This might be a simple one but i'm a rookie so !!:D

go to start menu. go to controle panal. If using xp go to internet/network connections(if not using xp look for something realated and if using 98 it would be under internet options)
Well let me put it in points
for xp
-Go to start menu
-Go to controle panel
-go to internet/network connections
-go to internet options
Click clear cookies
And do it
Click clear temerary files
And do it
For windows 98/95/2000
-go to start
-go to controle panel
-go to internet option
Click clear cookies
And do it
Click clear temerary files
And do it

Oops! guess I forgot to tell you I'm using XP Pro ! and would i be able to just clear the cookies for Google or will this clear them all ??
Thanks in advance for your help !!

this would clear everything all websites visited and history. but your favorites will still be there. Unless your google tool bar has something in it this will be your only way.

It worked for Google but I checked my msn homepage and the seachs are not cleared why do you think that would be ??

the temporary internet files are in the folder (drive letter):\(windows directory)\Temporary Internet Files
it is safe to delete all of these except the Index file (which it won't let you delete anyway)

i think you guys have got it all wrong. i think this guy is talking about autocomplete. it stores entries you have typed for easier access. it would be in there under internet options> content. uncheck all autocomplete options.

also in advanced options tab uncheck inline autocomplete option somewhere near the bottom of the browsing options.

apokalipse said:
the temporary internet files are in the folder (drive letter):\(windows directory)\Temporary Internet Files
it is safe to delete all of these except the Index file (which it won't let you delete anyway)

you may not be able to delete it, but you sure as heck can edit it :D

In my advanced options tab (inline autocomplete) was already unchecked ! But you are right ekÆsine that is what i'm trying to do, everytime i type even one letter a whole list of entries pops up ! And the same entries i put in on the Google search come up everywhere else like MSN Yahoo etc... kind of anoying !!
Thanks again for your help guys !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom