help =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Findn_Nemo

Baseband Member
my computer started acting stupid
when i turn on my computer and it load up window xp pro it just shut off and restart over n over, but i see this blue screen. anyone know what this is?

Yes the blue screen is an error message but it could be anything you really have to tell us more based on your info all I can say is pop in your XP cd and restore start up files.

please be more specific..
although if your computer shuts off while loading, it may be getting to hot... check the heatsink

I suppose it could also be the hardware if so then heat would be the number one suspect as Juice Daddy said but I also cannot rule out the start up files. If it never makes it past the boot screen it may be software related run your XP cd restore start up files. If that doesn't fix the problem please check your computers temp via "them cool tower cases with built in thermometer" or you can check in CMOS.

It's unlikely to be the hardware. If it were then it wouldn't fail so predictably at the same stage.

Could be something in your startup, if you ever get to youu desktop. Try safemode? Last known good config?

how come he needs to make it to his desktop to run last known good?
repeatedly pressing f8 during start up should bring up the list of boot options (this assuming windows isnt completely f'ed and it makes it to the windows bootloader during start up)

Well if he gets to his desktop, he can go into msconfig. If not, then he can try safe mode or last known good config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom