Need help where to send laptop to be opened to put new hard drive in under $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
Dear members:

does any one know please where do isend my laptop to be opened to take out the old hd and put a new hd in? (checked bestbuy, circui tcity, staples, and my nearest toshiba laptop providers: all do it for at least 70 dollars just for taking out hd and installing a new one!)?
Also, can you tell me how to open up a laptop or articles that do show you how step by step and other things? please let me know as soon as u can! thank you very much

Unscrew the laptop unpin the harddrive remove the harddrive pop in the new harddrive insert the pins close the case and screw it back up.

Tyler1989: man you make it sound like its too easy because i tried just that (unscrewed every thing and tried to take the hd but its like stuck or something) however what do u mean by unpin the drive and how do u do that?
also, just to let u know i have a tosiba 1400-s151 laptop and i live in staten island, New York

Go to the last page and it will tell you where the harddrive is located. I doubt that you can get a repair show to install it for under $40.

Toshiba

You need adobe to view it

i know where it is located but do't know how to take it out because i unscrewed everything and it does't come out like its stuck. i think i have to complete dismantle the laptop in order to get to the hd. therefore do u know an article online that expalin how to do it step by step?

well sorry to say but it looks like its not:
other members said this on other forum:

I have a toshiba 1625 laptop...in order to acces the hard drive...take the keyboard out!! The screws for the keyboard are under the plastic cover that runs along the underside of where the monitor hinges up and down!! If you are looking at the laptop as though you are using it...above the keyboard is a plastic piece about 1 inch wide that runs all the way from one side to the other...it should pop off!! I use a thin butterknife to pop mine off so it doesn't booger up the plastic like a flathead screwdriver might do!! If yours is anything like mine...this piece covers the indicator lights (Hard drive activity, power, battery charge, etc!! Then there are a half a dozen screws accross the top of the keyboard, then the bottom of the keyboard has tabs that just slide in under the case to secure the bottom!! So once you remove the screws in the keyboard...pull forward and up and it should pop out!! Be careful though and don't go crazy when you pull the keyboard out...there are ribbons underneath that connect the keyboard to the motherboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom