critical updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve max

Baseband Member
I am in the process of building a computer for a friend and he has dial up. I have high speed internet. After I install (legal copy) of windows XP don't want to have to wait 6hrs for the critical updates to be downloaded. Can I before hand download the c updates and burn them to a disc and then put them on the machine. I went to the update website and seems to only be the reccommended updates available to down load. May be someone has some other suggestions on how to get his up and running without waiting the 6 lonnnnnnng hrs...... thanks

bite the bullet. Do it. Shouldnt take 6 hrs, Last time I did it, it didnt take 6 hrs anyways...o wait he said dial up. I dont think u can actually download them. They automatically open when you click on them dont they?

Take your friends computer to your house and hook 'em up long enough to get the updates.
I've done that for some of my friends.
Just have 'em bring over the box. Leave the monitor and extras behind, and use yours to do the upgrades.
If they need to, they can pick up a NIC at almost anyplace that sells anything to do with computers.
Quick and easy!

I had a friend download them and burn them to a cd. He lives in another state so taking my computer to his house was not an option. He mailed me the cd and I installed them. Worked just fine for me.

dhsrcjh said:
I had a friend download them and burn them to a cd. He lives in another state so taking my computer to his house was not an option. He mailed me the cd and I installed them. Worked just fine for me.
wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to just download them even with the slowest connection possable. because you have to pay for shipping or he does and it would take at least 2-4 days to get to your house when downloading em would take only hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom