2 Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Of these two systems, which one should I go with?

Build #1

Motherboard- DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard $129.00

Video Card- eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card$345.00

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor $190.00

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3120026A-RK 120GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive $93.00

RAM- OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory $123.75

PSU- Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100Vac to 240Vac +/- 10% TUV, UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC $75.00

Build #2

Motherboard- ABit AX8 $97.00

CPU- AMD 3200+ Venice $190.00

Video Card- EVGA 6800GT $309.00

RAM-TwinMos Speed P/Ocz Value VX $100.00

Hard Drive-Maxtor 16 MB cache HD $110.00

PSU- Epower/Tangan 480 Watt $70.00

Ok, I think I explained it to you before, but here I go again. The Abit Via chipset Mobo is a decent motherboard, but it lacks some things. If you don't ever want to get them, its ok. The two things it lacks are dual core support, and SLI support. Value VX and Speed premium are both new BH-5, so they will OC half decently, especially if you have a 3200+. 16 MB cache is important, as a larger buffer has proven to increase hard drive performance, more so than increased bandwith. Power supply and Cd drives are pretty similar. You can def go with the Antec, as it has a dual 12 rail, and will supply as much, or more power to your mobo as the tagan. Don't forget the DVD-RW drive, motherboard,keyboard,speakers,monitor,and mouse. BTW, you can still get the EVGA pci-e 6800GT for 315 bucks.

i'd go #1

better motherboard overall, for pretty much everything the DFI will beat the Abit. if you went with the abit you would need a booster to get decent performance out of that UTT.

but ehhhhh.... why does it have to be one or the other? why not mix bits around? or am i missing something...

abit=3.2 volts which will power most BH-5 to around 240 FSB which is a overclock of 400 MHZ which is enough for most people.

Raekwon said:
but ehhhhh.... why does it have to be one or the other? why not mix bits around? or am i missing something...
well, these are two setups that I got from people on this forum and I was wondering which one was better. I can't mix and match the parts myself because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to computers.

because I've been told that its not very hard and all you have to do for the most part is follow the manual that comes with your mobo. Or is it pretty hard if your a first time builder?

Hacp said:
Ok, I think I explained it to you before, but here I go again. The Abit Via chipset Mobo is a decent motherboard, but it lacks some things. If you don't ever want to get them, its ok. The two things it lacks are dual core support, and SLI support. Value VX and Speed premium are both new BH-5, so they will OC half decently, especially if you have a 3200+. 16 MB cache is important, as a larger buffer has proven to increase hard drive performance, more so than increased bandwith. Power supply and Cd drives are pretty similar. You can def go with the Antec, as it has a dual 12 rail, and will supply as much, or more power to your mobo as the tagan. Don't forget the DVD-RW drive, motherboard,keyboard,speakers,monitor,and mouse. BTW, you can still get the EVGA pci-e 6800GT for 315 bucks.

And VIA chipsits suck ass, he would be able to do good overclocks with choice one, choice two he would NEVER be able to do a overclock worth shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom