Laptop help

Status
Not open for further replies.

crap6892

In Runtime
My sister is going to be in college next fall but is living at home. She wants to get a laptop. I dont know much about laptops and whatnot so... Should i go centrino or semphron...right now im thinking semphron ....it is going to be used probaly for aim internet and aim. (She wanted a mac laptop like in legally blonde... she thinks its an fashion accesory)

Centrino isn't the processor, the Pentium M is the processor. If your choosing between Pentium M and the Sempron, the Pentium M will be much better. AMD also has the Turion 64 which is comparable with the Pentium M and from some aspects I've heard is better, altho I haven't seen the benchmarks yet. So Pentium M over the Sempron. Between Pentium M and Turion 64, you'll have to do some homework, and read the benchmarks

Pentium Ms pack a whallop, even though they run at a lower speed.

Celerons work, but the loss of the cache can really hold them back.

Centrinos are certain Pentium Ms paired up with Intel wireless.

I have... i wanted her to get a mac so i could use it for video editing but im just going to buy a mac when they come out with intels. anyway i think the celeron should cut it since shes just going to type browse the web and type in word.. i have told her looks has nothing to do with a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom