Bad experience with Newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In comparison to just throwing on a heatsink because it's got a pad, and not having to touch the CPU it's easier than AS5.....AS5 is easy to screw up because people wind up putting on too much or some crap like that....thermal pad you don't have to worry about that, but of course I don't think applying TIM is hard

my temps are at about 36C idle when its about 90F in the room and about 46C load when its 90F in the room. i'm using AS3 BTW

Come on guys! Applying Thermal Paste properly is easier then tying your freakin' shoe.

Apply a small amount, thinly and evenly spread it out over the CPU die with a creditcard or similar object.

"Take a break, cause now your tired!"

HAVOC2k5 said:
Come on guys! Applying Thermal Paste properly is easier then tying your freakin' shoe.

Apply a small amount, thinly and evenly spread it out over the CPU die with a creditcard or similar object.

"Take a break, cause now your tired!"

Who said I can tie my shoes :p

It was $199.99 not 144. And it doesnt have a P3... I stated before that it has a Celeron D 330. And I did only use a glob of AS5 about the size of a grain of rice.

I should have done more research though.

I was reading somewhere that for Pentium 4s you are not meant to spread AS5? your meant to let the heatsink spread it.

Is this true? because i just ordered a new heatsink and some AS5.

I was reading somewhere that for Pentium 4s you are not meant to spread AS5? your meant to let the heatsink spread it.

Is this true? because i just ordered a new heatsink and some AS5.
That applies to any CPU with an IHS on it....IHS = heat spreader instead of simply a CPU die....a grain of rice in the middle and then yeah, the heatsink does the rest in terms of it spreading

Yes, listen to the Nubi man, he is correct, like usual. You do NOT spread around heatsink compound, regardless of what kind it is. Go to the AS5 website, they will tell you this. You put a tiny drop in the middle, and let the force of the heatsink spread it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom