WinXP BIOS Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I'm new to messing around with software, so please have patience with my question.....I recently had to enter BIOS to verify that I could boot from cd-rom, and while in BIOS I am fairly sure I only changed one thing: Setting the password. Afterwards my computer slowed waaaaaay down to where now it takes twice as long and twice as much processing to do anything (boot up, run apps, etc...) I didn't think that this could've caused the problem, but it was the only thing I changed. The only other changes made recently was the installation/uninstallation of PartitionMagic (decided to wait to install my new Linux). AFTER I had installed the PartitionMagic(and bootmagic) it was running fine, but all of a sudden.....anyways does anyone have any ideas? Could I have screwed up my registry in any way by uninstalling PartitionMagic(I had to do this manually, but was very careful)? Could a reg mechanic or first aid progream help? Please help, I'm worried about my baby!!!

wouldn't we all be worries he he. First you better have saved normal settings in your bios. If you did set it back to that. See if it works out and if it doesn't the only thing i can offer you is save your data and re-format. Now if YOU DID NOT SAVE the first settings you will have to re-format. You may ask well e-formatting doesn't have much to do with the bios. Well it doesn't but un installing everything and having a fresh copy of xp will make the bios believe it is set at defualt although you changed it. Wierd stuff
WARNING
if using xp try and use systme recovery and roll it back to before you tinkered with your baby.This just saves you a couple hours of re-installing o/s and such
WARNING
only re-format after trying every possable solution but it will indeed fix it unless it ain't the hd or bios/mobo. (use this only after done everything u can) DONT USE AOL fix pc danm thing

I might just simply think that its searching your 5 CDROM drives for bootable CD's!
Change the bios back NOT to boot of CDROM's to verify my theory.
If it does gain back your original performance and you want to make it boot off CD's still just learn to live with it.
It may also speed up the process if you have no CD's in the drives upon bootup until you actually want to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom