Memory G.Skill or Mushkin Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
the LA's are basically their top of the line performance chip but last time I checked they are around $300.....they have been known to hit DDR600 with 2.5-3-3-7 timings with like 2.9-3v dimm voltage....of course theres a guy at DFI-Street who's posted his Patriot RAM, the same kind as me, doing the same thing, but he's using 2.5-4-3-7 I believe.

Can you post a link to the exact RAM you're lookin at from G.Skill?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231008 those are the LA's....don't know why for the life of me it's saying 2.5-4-4-8 timings and only saying PC3200 though...those are Samsung TCCD chips just like the other two links you put up as well as having brainpower PCB, but this wouldn't be the first time I've see newegg make a mistake.

Anywho, the only difference between the links you posted is one saying ddr550 and the other saying ddr600 but they both offer the same timings, relatively close voltage and only a $1 difference.

Basically once you get that RAM you'll have to raise your DIMM voltage to around 2.9v and then manually set the RAM up to that DDR600 speed

What CPU are you putting in that board?

Basically lets assume you got a 3200+ which is standard 200x10=2GHz

You'd have to set it to like 300x6.5 = 1.950GHz

Closest to 2GHz even would be 308x6.5 = 2.002GHz

This will require setting your HTT Link speed multiplier from 5x down to 3x

I'd put 3v through the RAM and it'd probably run at 300 with 2.5-3-3-7 timings....

Even though the RAM is rated, I'd still go in increments and not simply slam it up at 300HTT

Lower your multi to 6.5, lower the link speed multi to 3x and then start raising up your htt from 200 in increments of 10MHz should be good just to make sure everything is going fine...work your way up to 300 from there also making sure you have already supplied 2.9-3v DIMM

he said hes getting a X2 4400+ so idk if he can mess w/ the mulyplier. arent those locked? if you want to oc then get the FX-57 or 55 for that money.

AMD64s only lock the multipliers if you were trying to raise them with the exception of the FX series of course.

You can lower the multis though

K8s are only locked upwards. You can downclock the multiplier, hence the cool and quiet feature.

Edit: Got beated to it.

Btw, Nubis, I know you don't stay current with newer motherboards, but the Abit AN8 Ultra can do 3.55 volts on the DIMM. Avalibility is light though.

Well I figured there was other boards that'll do a decent amount of Dimm voltage, ABit Fatal1ty is supposed to be another, BUUUUT personally I think ABit screwed up with the K8 generation in terms of making a good OC'ing board...they are notorious for the NF7-S v2 K7 boards of course, but it seems like they tried to make OC'ing user friendly or something which is basically anti-OC'ing IMO...

Also, those boards are overpriced, and I heard that they had a buggy bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom