Genuine or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your help!!
I have tried going in msconfig and turning of the messenger services there but IÂ’m still getting the pop-up when on the net. Do I need to add some pop-up blocker software??.
I donÂ’t thing any adware or spyware is on my system because I have just reformatted my hard drive and did a recovery using HP recovery disks with no internet connected.
There pop ups are a pain because IÂ’m using a dial up connection and things are slow enough without pop-ups appearing.

Yes I did run the reg file you posted and did a reboot but the same pop-ups are appearing.

What exact updates should I do??

If I add the Win XP service pack 2, could that not affect some of my software according to the microsoft site.

i would disable messenger in services like a few ppl have mention already using services.msc in the run box. that will for sure take away messenger pop ups. there r other popups that look like those but those r just regular pop ups. if u use ie, stop now and use firefox or some other browser that isnt ie. run adaware at least once again and spybot s+d once and then i would run both regulary like weekly. that should take care of almost all pop ups with firefox's built in blocker. if u get anymore especially with no browser window open then its a much deeper problem, i havent seen a unsolicited pop up on my pc for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom