AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Intel stock cooling kicks the shit outta AMD's, but AMD's run quite a bit cooler anyways

With the prescotts, Intel stock better be damn good

Heyyo,

Well, guys, even AMD's naming scheeme doesn't quite match the preformance, I saw on tomshardwareguide that I think a 3200+ beat out a P4 3.3GHz on some tests. This's why I love tom's hardware guide, it's rediculous, I think they benchmarked every amd and intel cpu since 1995. :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041220/index.html

Note how Intel actually does better in opengl than amd, but on directx amd is king. Interesting deal eh? it's kindof like ati with directx and nvidia with opengl.. heh, so if ya mix amd with nvidia you get a balanced system just like ati with intel... lol. Whoa, $box 360 is intel with ati.. now there's an interesting deal eh? ;)

In my opinion i think AMD isn't that good...Pentium really does give you all the things that you expect out of it...but hey thats just my opinion...!

Heyyo,

Tom's hardware's fine for things like cpu's, but their vidcard benchmarks are very bad since they always pick engines optimized for one vidcard company or the other, so most of that is flawed yes. You just gotta go with the even ones like Far Cry.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
ex: AMD Athlon 2.0Ghz 3200+ = Intel 3.2 Ghz
actually, Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2GHZ = Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.0GHZ = Pentium 4 @ 3.2GHZ (Prescott or Northwood, they perform about the same at 3.2)
the Athlon 64's are a little more efficient than Athlon XP's.
but still, this really is an average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom