Budget computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bball100

In Runtime
I need a budget computer build. It is a *gasp* gaming computer. I want to get serious about my gaming and I wanna eventually install a distro of linux on it. I have a setup in mind already but I just wanna get opinions of everyone else before I post it.

Must have a godly gfx card. No more than 400 green though please.

Must also be amd.

Thanks a bunch guys. Sorry if you feel I'm leeching cuz this is my first post.

budget is $1000 and if I like what you come up with I can maybe go over a little. ;)

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-AL Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W Power Supply-57
Abit Mobo Best top-of the line avilable at newegg-205
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor-146
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT-121
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive + Thermaltake Sata Cable-65
Microsoft Windows XP Home w/Service Pack 2-92
Mitsumi USB2.0 Digital Card Reader/Writer W/FD INTERNAL, Model FA404A/404M-20
D-Link DKVM-2K KVM 2 Computer Connections-23
eVGA 6600GT 128MB DDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/Dual-DVI-169
3x Antec LED80XFAN 80mm Blue LED Light Cooling Fan-24
LOGISYS Computer CLK12BL 30CM COLD CATHODE Light-5

No oc. I dont wanna risk my hardware.

edit: The total for the comp specs posted isn't really what I'm looking for. HEres what I have in mind.

Wartorment said:
Product total after rebate: $1,022.63

Also I have a pc2100 1 gig rw266 ram stick. Will it be compatible for this mobo?

Chaintech NF4 939 motherboard
AMD 3200+ Venice core
EVGA 6800GT
Corsair Value Select
Vantec ION 460 Watt power supply
or XCLIO 450 Watt power supply
Maxtor 200 GB 16MB Cache HD
NEC 3540A DVD read/write

Didn't include case/monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers. Those will set you back even more.

yes that stick of ram will be compatible with that system but personally i wouldn't go with that ram, its pretty slow.

Heyyo,

Yeah, if you throw it in with those newer sticks of ram, they'll downclock themselves, so they'd all act as pc2100's, and nowadays you only really need 1gb of ram. Maybe inna year or so you might need 1.5GB, but not now.

Now, the All-In-Wonder isin't really built for gaming man, but then again the gap in preformance over the norm is maybe only a loss of 5F/S, so at that price? jesus, that's a steal, go for it. 5F/S won't be even noticeable with that vidcard. :)

bball100 said:
I need a budget computer build. It is a *gasp* gaming computer. I want to get serious about my gaming and I wanna eventually install a distro of linux on it. I have a setup in mind already but I just wanna get opinions of everyone else before I post it.

Must have a godly gfx card. No more than 400 green though please.

Must also be amd.

Thanks a bunch guys. Sorry if you feel I'm leeching cuz this is my first post.

budget is $1000 and if I like what you come up with I can maybe go over a little. ;)

You can't game with 1000 dollars and Linux, sorry. Go a little higher. My system, below, cost me a mere 1700 dollars with the right research.

Re: Re: Budget computer build

=/ said:
You can't game with 1000 dollars and Linux, sorry. Go a little higher. My system, below, cost me a mere 1700 dollars with the right research.

I dont know WHAT the hell you are on, but $1000 is quite enough to build a gaming machine. You do NOT need a 7800, as it is totally overkill and you wont see any performance gains over the 6800, which is about $200 cheaper. And you sure can game on Linux, some will tell you to a better extent than in Windows. Please stop post trolling and posting blatently wrong information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom