Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
The first problem was when you started the computer you would get an error of
-cmos date/time not set
run setup
press f1 to resume-

if you did not go change the time you would get an erro of
-your program cause a divide overflow error. If the problem persists, contact your program vender.-

So i went in and change the date and time. The computer then booted up. Since it only had 64mb of ram, i shut down the computer and addes two more sticks of 64mb. I also added a nic so that i could connect to a network. After adding these things, the computer will not boot. The fans start spinning, the hard drive has power but the screen will not display anything. I thought maybe for some reason the video happened to go out so i added a different video card but still nothing. I have taken out the extra two sicks of ram and the nic and nothing works.

i also took out the cmos battery and swapped out the ram for a different stick. now when i start it up i get a beep code of 1 long and 3 short. I do not know what type of mb it is but it has a pentium 2 350mhz sec as well as a slot for a socket 370 processor.

Make sure it's not the Ram Slot itself, that can usually be the problem. Well from what I understand when you get a No Signal problem it's usually because of the Ram. Ram does go bad after awhile.

ok i took out the video card that i added and now for some reason it works. Sometimes i wonder why i ever got into computers.

false alarm!!! so i figured it was because of that video card. so i put the ram back in and now i am right back at the same spot i was before. If this were my computer it would be at the bottom of a dumpster, if it made it that far. Why is this thing acting like this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom