This is so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Man Brian

In Runtime
My friend's friend ordered a laptop from Dell, now get this. They called him and said "you made too many upgrades to it."

Added an extra year of tech support, had it so it used 1 512mb stick of ram rather then 2x256 and the CD Burner was changed to a DVD Burner.

That's to much upgrades? Are you kidding me!?

Dell's Stupidity has only brought me to the point that they can't build a simple thing like this. This is utter BS!

Please, someone must agree with me.

although I agree with you I think this would be more suited to an off topic rant more than it would be for the hardware section being this isn't a hardware dillema

Uh, yeah... this is the overclocking and case modding section. Too many people post in the wrong forums. The mods need to get on them and move 'em.

Tell him to get from a different manufactorer like Toshiba. :p

It's hardly hard to swap 3 items in a laptop before its sealed.

Well, I still have to talk to him. I don't know if he yelled at them, or told them to shove it and go with a different brand. I will find out though.

Maybe they ran out of ram or DVD drives? Who knows, they might be selling their laptops like hotcakes.

After this incident... I don't think they'll be selling much. Usually most people by laptops in store, but for the people who go online and make MINOR upgrades and Dell gives them a problem. Well, there is your answer. I can see why people mainly buy the Dell laptops in stores.

thats pretty bizar, my dad's company orders laptops from dell all the time and nothing like that has ever happened to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom