avi's to dvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I have a few avi files and I want to put some of them on to a dvd, although I can make a data disk... I want to make a movie..

is there an easy to use program that can convert movie files to dvd and be compatable with most dvd players?

You could convert them to DivX. This will work if you have a DivX compatible DVD player you need to find that out.

Last time I made a movie I used some Microsoft program that came in my Windows XP box. I think it was called Movie Maker. Anyways I was just able to convert the edited movie into .avi and then straight on to a VCD form there, worked perfectly.

sweeet! I usually use TMPGEnc to convert my movies to a standard DVD compatible format of MPEG1 then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the actual movie (menus, chapters, etc etc) which produces all the needed folders, VOB files, IFO files, and all that jazz. Then I just use the built-in burner from DVD Author to burn the movie. You can use any recording software that supports DVD though once you have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder structures built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom