dumping of physical memory virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

Baseband Member
Hello folks! I encounter a problem with my friendÂ’s pc. He has windows xp 1500+ amd most recently he encounter a major problem that has lock and resulted in possible damage to his board or CPU. His pc stops and froze and a blue screen appears
After all the warning junk like the system have halted to prevent damage to your computer etc. at the bottom of the screen it says dumping of physical memory with a counter from 1 to 100.
He has not been able to boot up ever since. Has this problem happen to anybody out here?.
Thanks!

Happens to me every now and then, but I usually just turn the system off mid-dump. Probably not the best approach, but it doesn't cause any harm and I can always reboot. I think what it's doing is dumping the page file (not sure though). What happens on startup, anything? Have you tried starting up in safe mode and doing a system restore?

dumping of memory

well first it boot up but not enough time to run system restored before the blue screen pops up. and yes it did the same thing in safe mode. finally after the 3rd boot up it would not boot no more is like something went on it like the video card or the cpu. i reset the bios by removing the battery and the jumper procedure but no good. there is no signal going to the monitor at all. i'm almost convinced that it trash something. maybe somebody else have some idea, thanks.

a memory dump is usually result of a high level file error it was originally created as a Development level action to help developers to find out what went wrong. the dump usually consists of the contents of your memory at the time of the dump...

if that helps any...

ok sounds like real technical info, but what would this memory dump would wack out my video card? because that is just waht i did i replace the video card and its working fine now so far!!. or maybe the video card had a bug? well is working fine now.so far no blue screen. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom