messed up floppy disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcr9521

Baseband Member
I have a floppy disk that has some pretty inportant files on it however when I put it in and click on it the computer says that the disk is not formatted and asks if i wish to format it. Is there anyway that I could get the files off of the disk or are they gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

your disk is gone man. Floppys are very undependable. If i guess correctly, the disk was next to a cell phone. Cell phone microwaves damage the data.

Sorry!

LOL, I remember the awful days of floppys. You think the 3 1/2" ones are bad? You should have seen the 5 1/4" ones :mad:

Oh I remember the 5 1/4" ones. Used a commodor 64 for a long time when I was a kid.

Hm... I got a new plan. Put the floppies in a steel lockbox, 1 at a time. Just to be safe! I will put an end to corrupted floppies.

why the hell you guys use a floppy disk man.. this is a new world and new stuff, now CD's are getting old also.

Well the computer that I originally did the work on did not have a cd-burner so i had to put it on a floppy didn't really have any choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom