Missing operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you downloaded the bootdisk, did you run it? If you did, did you see it write to the floppy and verify it?

Well what I think he did was when it was going to format the C:, when he pressed enter it denied the access of the disk. It happened to me. It can either take the Disk or the CD I tried both, neither of them worked. I don't know what went wrong, I'm trying to remember what could have been the main problem on why it isn't executing the Boot Disk or the CD. Make sure the floppy isn't corrupt.

I'm sure the file is in the floppy. The boot up sequence is: floppy, CD-Rom, C drive.
One question, why it has to be windows 98 bootdisk? Origihnally the computer had windows 2000.

Well my guess is because that's like the base for it, so I guess it branches off of that particular one. But see, the problem is difficult for me unless I experience it again. Now I beat my head on the table because I could have helped someone today with the same problem I had. Except I was using Windows 98 CD and 98 Boot Disk. I don't think the difference of the 2000 and the 98 boot disk matter. Did you try support thingies on Microsoft.com? I never looked, but it could actually be a basic problem.

I will look into that website and see if I can find something. Don't know that much about computers though. If you have any other tips, please let me know. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom