history

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
Every web page address that I type in my address bar is missing from my drop down list. Also everything I type in my run box is missing from the drop down list. They will stay there until I restart the computer and then they are gone. I have my history set for 20 days. My history folder still has everything in it but it is just gone from the drop down list. Can anyone tell my how to stop that from happening?
:angry:

I'm guessing youre using some sort of software that is doing this upon windows shutdown.
One program I can think of that clears such things is System Mechanics.

Look in Control Panel and open "Tweak UI". (assuming this is installed on your machine). On the "Paranoia" tab, you'll find checkboxes that you'll likely need to un-check. It's pretty self-explanatory once you're in there.

I am not using system mechanics and also my tweakuixp does not have a paranoia tab in it.
This started after installing norton systemworks 2004. I cannot find anything in that program that i can say causes this to happen but it may be there somewhere.
Any other suggestions, please

well I don't have any other Idea appart from a program like what RoyalW or MojoInKansas said, I personally have used Window Washer but it only cleans when you tell it to

I reinstalled the operating system and everything was fine until today, It started doing the same thing again.

Haven't installed anything for about a week. I also just noticed that Norton Systemworks won't work. It gives me a message saying that I need to reinstall Systemworks which I just did and it is working but not the lists that I was talking about.

i don't run systemworks, but is it a particular part of SW that gives you the error? what did you do to prompt the error message?

I noticed that Norton anti virus was not loading at startup like it usually does. I tried to go to the systemworks control panel to make sure it was set to startup when I started my computer. That is when I got the error message.
Another thing, when I start the compuet today, it asked for my logon name and password. It did this awhile back and that is something that I never use. That happened a while back and it gave me a fit trying to get it to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom