Very Screwed Help!!! Please!!! I'll Give U My 1st Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.

menoats

Beta member
I'm in so much shit right now I'm dead. Let me just say windows sp2 is the biggest dumbest peice of shit ever!!!

I was @ work and my boss was complaining about the printer not working and somehow their drivers got deleted. However what do I see in the taskbar? Windows updates are ready to install. Hmm...maybe that will help but gotta do those updates why not? So everything is going smooth then it gets an error.

Undoing changes blah blah blah. Coo let it do that. Everything seems fine. I reboot the computer. Now when I try to start it, it has the windows xp logo now not the home now but the sp2 plain looking one. But it constantly reboots after that and just loops on and on.

I have tried safemode. I can't get it working. Is there a boot cd I can download from somewhere anything please help? They have all their bills Quicken files and etc. On the computer I gotta get it working or I am super Effed and I need to get it working asap please help thank you.

Okay to recover the files under a version of a bootable linux OS this is what you do

First, you need a FAT or FAT32 drive to save stuff on, and you could probolly burn it to a CD or DVD as well.

It's called knoppix Linux, you put the CD in, press enter when it says boot: and come back 5 minutes and you have a complete OS.

However assuming you have NTSF drives, you can only read, not write to the NTSF windows drive.

You can boot to Knoppix and remove the files that way. Never actually done it but people do it all the time. Did you try last known good config?

Hahah thank you for the replies. Some people actually helped very nice of you people. I ended up installing another windows but on a diffrent directory I got to all the files now. Put them on a disk now I am about to download QuickBook Pro and see if the files work here. Thanks again for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom