Jumper Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom hearts you

Beta member
Hello, i have a problem....

I have 1 cd-rom and one hard-drive, im using the primary slot on the motherboard and one ide ribbon. the somewhat middle part of the ide ribbon is connected to the hard-drive and the other end is in tthe cd rom..

whats the correct jumper settings? the hard-drive has 5 pins and the cd-rom has 3

I have a ecs K7SA with CMOS bios.... please help :x i cant use my computer cuz it just hangs cuz of incorrect jumper settings

This is going to be different depending on the CD-ROM make/model and the hard drive make/model. Can you post these please?

-Mike

you need to give us the exact name and model number of you hard disk and cd-rom. usually on the top of the drive is s sticker with jumper settings. your hard disk should be master and cd-rom should be slave (middle). set both drives to cable select otherwise make hard disk master, and cd-rom slave.

well i am assuming it is a ide drive since it has jumpers and sata is jumperless so theres a start. but yea we need model number and make of both devices. So please post and we can help you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom