RPL-ROM-ADR : 0007 9538 6403
RPL-ROM-IRQ : 11
RPL-ROM-PIO : CCOO

RPL-ROM-FFC : 1
RPL-ROM-FFC : 2
RPL-ROM-FFC : 3
RPL-ROM-FFC : 4
RPL-ROM-FFC : 5 Not Found

Can anyone explain this error to me? I just got a new motherboard my hard drive has no OS on it not that matters cuz it does'nt get to the part where it says "No operating system Found" it just stays at this screen...

- Make sure the jumpers are set correctly
- Try clearing the BIOS
- Boot off a floppy or CD

i have one cd-rom and one hard-drive and im using one ide ribbon anyone know where i can get a picture to see what to set the jumpers too?

btw i was able to boot off a floppy (6windows xp disk) but then when it said to insert cd-rom it said that my cd-rom wasnt installed or something.

Set the Hard drive to Master
Set the CDROM to Slave or CS.

The jumpers are normally next to where the ribbon cable is put in.
Most hard drives also have a diagram showing which pins to short to set it to the desired setting and is typically different for each brand of drive. Other wise it may have a setup like this...

M S C
A L S

MA = Master
SL = Slave
CS = Cable select (which sometimes works for BIOS'es that have problems with detecting the CDROM or Hard drive

Have the same problem here Tom......I'm trying to get my 98 going with no success...
I formatted the hard drive, and using a floppy start-up I get as far as # 5 ( RPL-ROM-FFC ) then a flashing cursor....
Can't even get to DOS using Ctl/Alt/Delete..... wish I had never started this..... "NHBuck":(

2 things I can think of. disable flashstart OR unplug the network cable and also go into bios and disable network boot/install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom