Amd 64 proccessor problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dko

Beta member
Hi I was just wonddering about something ive heard recently from some fammily who is also into computers. Ive been hearing that the 64 line of processors have some problems. What ive heard is thus. That you can barly run any progams with the 64 bit version of windows and the 32 bit runs way too slow. Is this true? Are there any other problems? If so what are they? I want to build a high end gaming computer at some point and want to make shure my computer will run smoothly.

The 64bit CPU's made by AMD are very powerfull and great CPUs. And most programs werent designed to run with Windows XP X64 but they are able to run on it as long as there 32bit or 64bit, if parts of that program are 16bit it wont run right. And i'm not sure but i think windows longhorn will be 64bit.... but im not sure about that. Anyways it sounds like someone don't like 64bit CPU's.

Oh and Windows XP and other OS's work great on the 64bit cpu's made by AMD. I've never noticed a single slow down on my machine with a 64bit CPU. :p

Acttualy me and my father are big supporters of AMD ^^ Just wanting to make shure all is good in the world :p

You need to slap your family members who even remotely claim to be into computers.....all those problems you speak of are in regards to the fact that a true 64bit OS hasn't been put out....they have one but it's not like the next big OS that they will be heavily marketing and advertising like they do with WinXP....

It's pointless to use a 64bit OS at this point because theres a lack of drivers and programs meant to run, but this is all due to software not the CPU's

Use WinXP like you would with any other CPU and wait until an official 64bit OS is released here within a year and a half or more....the 64bit CPU's are great and are also remarkable at 32bit operations

Thanks. Now I can shove it into my dads face that the true techies say 64 is A ok. :cool:

The only 64 bit CPU you should be worried about is the Itanium's from intel, they run slower in 32 bit by quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom