Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aman_s1ngh

Beta member
Basically my pops has bought this new motherboard from the computer fair rite... we brought it home put all the components from the old computer into this new motherboard. Come to start up the computer it kept on restarting... so we took it into a computer shop and he goes that its gonna cost us £50 to sort it out. Seemed abit dodge to me as I already had installed all the components and he was going on about installing all the drivers when all the drivers are on the cd that came with the motherboard, and then he was going on and on about setting the jumpers? Firstly am I been taken for a ride? Or is there more to building a computer than just installing a few bits here and there.

Secondly I come to installing windows I put in the bootdisk and it goes there is no valid information on the computer at the end, but managed to get to the part where i can type in the cd drive and type setup, but then it goes that i cant install windows in dos? How can I install it then?

and I accidently started format C: on the computer :(

What version of Windows are you trying to install? You do need your harddrive jumpers set correctly. It can be just add components here and there if you know what you are doing. There is a little more to it than that

Ohh I see about the jumpers then. I'm tryin to install windows xp with service pack 2 that i downloading from a while back.

Formatting on 20% :(

Or does anyone know how to put any operating system on it? cos I tried putting win 95 on but it came up with a error message.

I would never get a computer at a computer fair first off. I choose building my own, which I'm working on. Right now I'm using ehh, a crappy one compared to what I want to get. But hey it's only for Net use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom