DVD Shrink Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I usually compress them at about 60% and they are fine for watching. You can see a difference in quality but not enough to complain about.

you guys are new to this but 4-5 years ago, it took 24 hours to shrink a dvd 9 to a dvd 5. the quality on these movies were great as they shrunk it on a frame by frame basis. a lot of people didn't really like this, but what choice did we have, if we want to keep the the movie on one disc?

in december of 2001, Instant copy 7 By pinnacle (but formerly V.O.B., who pinnacle bought out) and DVD2one came out. VOB's old instant disc 6 use to take 24hrs and if the dvd was multi angled (like most dvds) you would have sync problems. but anyway they came out and the DVD explosion began. Everybody was buying DVD burners as dvd burning had become really simple. you can know use 1 program beside your ripper. before this, you use to need 4-6 programs, except when you use InstantDisc

now you can burn a dvd in less than 4hrs. IC took up to that long, DVD2one took about an hour. people tooks sides. With Instantcopy you could get great quality, with dvd2one($40) you got speed. DVD2one's quality looked like a crackhead's VHS tape.

For some reason, a lot of people didn't seem to notice the horrible quality for dvd2one, but it was obvious to us from the old school and to people with sight.

there was a great debate on which one to use. then DVDShrink came out.

it was fast as hell, and if the movie was less than 6.5 gig it look almost as good as IC($50, now $30). here was the kicker. It included a ripper and was FREE .

A few months later nero picked the guy up, so he fixed it so that if you have nero on your computer, you can burn the dicsc with Shrink. and he insisted on keeping dvdshrink free. He now makes nero recode.

by the way, I was a good internet buddy of his, I use to have plenty of guide's of how to burn dvds on the net, But I got sick of receiving 1000's of emails a week, so I stopped.

So now you need one program to burn a encrypted dvds. the great debate was over.

ya i have dvdshrink and nero 6 ultra and it works great;) i used to think something was wrong with my dvd burner or media cause i didnt know that xp doesnt support dvd burning by default whihc is stupid it should be just like the integrated drag and drop cd burning i would think but o well:)

I love DVD Shrink! I'm such a lazy SOB that I usually just RIP about 5 or 6 DVD's at once and burn them later like before I go to bed. Some stubborn movies require going through DVD Ripper then back through shrink to make it fit onto disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom