phoenix boards and bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjj1469

Beta member
I have recently acquired a Phoenix board with Award bios and none of my components work with the board. When I called the Award team, I was informed that the reason is because the components are too new for the board and the IRQ's are not being assigned correctly. I was then told that the only way I could fix this problem was to pay $60 for the bios update. This board was designed for an AMD XP 1500+. Now this seems to me that a board that new should be able to recognize newer components. Also, is that pretty standard that you have to pay for a bios upgrade or do most companies fairly let you upgrade for free for buying their product? Is this my only option?

If you consider paying $60 for a BIOS update, it would be better to buy a new board (Abit NF2)

How far does the pc get? As you could do it yourself by downloading the new BIOS on a working PC, putting it onto a floppy, boot from floppy, type what it says on their site, wait a while, it will restart. You will need to clear CMOS, and then your done.

Sorry bout that. Phoenix is the maker of the board and Award is the bios. Phoenix was bought out by Award.

I never knew they made motherboards.

I would try calling them one last time, and make it a bit more direct that they give you the BIOS for free or otherwise, try ebay for a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom