Most stable OS of all time (PC based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like XP Pro and 2000 Pro and I have 6 hard drives all 7200 7.6 seek Seagate's 10 gig all ghosted 3 with 2000 Pro and 3 with XP Pro. I will have to say from my personal experience 2000 Pro man it's fast! I have Photoshop and it's definitely opens it faster than XP Pro. To me 2000 Pro is just more responsive than XP Pro. XP Pro did speed up a little after I went in and tweaked it out and got rid of all the bells and whistles but still not as fast as 2000 Pro on my system. But bottom line I like them both.

STABLE WHATS THAT?

I think win XP Pro is most stable so far but for me nothing is stable becasue I thrash my machine to hard. Have to reinstall every three months.GOTTA PLAY

XP Pro is very stable, and you can do more on it than 2000:

What can you do with XP you can't do with 2000 Pro?

Well we have lego creator that will run fine on 98se and i installed it on XP Pro and it would not work! and it will work on 2000 Pro so is that a plus? i don't see it like that, and a lot of the older software for 98 will not work on XP even in the 98 compatibility mode. and also i bet hardly anyone these days that buys XP Pro still uses old software maybe office or word, most buy software that will run with XP. I don't feel that is a major issue in Xp and 2000. I have every Windows OS since DOS and I like all of them but i like 2000 Pro because it's stable and it's more responsive than XP. I am not downing XP my kids have it on both of their PC's but I went back to 2000 Pro it just work better for me and is faster with my personal setup.

and both XP versions (Home and Pro) tend to be more user friendly than 2000.

Well, I will have to agree with you there but for an experienced PC person like me that is not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom