new build ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

SureShot

Baseband Member
here are the specs for the new comp im going to build here... tell me what you think... im building a new gaming computer... that i hope will last for a while.

CPU -- either amd fx55 san diego or amd 4000+ sandiego ... which one should i go with ... is the fx55 going to be worth the extra money?

CPU FAN -- ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan

MOBO -- DFI lanparty sli.. mobo

MEMORY -- OCZ EL Platinum Revision (2x512mb) DDR400 pc3200 running at 2-2-2-5 What do you think of this ram ????

HD -- WD 10k raptors 74GB x 2

Video card --- evga NVIDIA 7800 GTX

PSU -- says that the dfi board needs a native 24 pin psu... any suggestions.. for me on this one guys... i want a good psu

thanks , sureshot

Get the FX-55 easily, it runs with the same core and gets better marks for gaming. Either will suffice for gaming very well, although if the extra money isn't a problem the FX will do the best.

As far as the PSU goes, you will want to think thermaltake, Antec etc. brand names as the PSU is very important in computers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=58&Submit=Property

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=58&Submit=Property

there are some lists of PSU's, just make sure you find one with a 24-Pin connector like you said. DO NOT use 20-24 pin converters.

Other than that the PC looks wonderful.

Is the ram i listed good ram for this build.. does it do well if i decide to overclock it.. any suggestions are great..

thanks, sureshot

The RAM you listed is perfect, wonderful for overcloking. You should have no problems at all with it.

get the fx-55 if you can afford it, if youre going to be paying money for a 4000+ and can afford an fx-55 then you might as well get it because it is quite an investment. the fx-55 will not need upgrading for quite some time. for the psu, like the first post said thermaltake or antec/vantec the brand names are worth it.

are you on any sort of buget? you seem to have alot of expensive parts there! you are going to be a very happy person :D

get the lanparty ultra-d if your on a budget since you can do the mod to make it sli with 90% of performance if you bought it as sli

thanks for all the replies guys .. im not really on that much of a budget i mean if i pushed it i could get the fx55 but how long do you think the 4000+ is going to last me opposed to the fx55 ??

thanks, sureshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom