***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever. I had never bothered replacing the paste before.

And working on my rig is not the only thing some of us have to do.

I enjoy building them, not trying to puch them to the limits.

So, that said, If you feel like putting someone down, why not figure this out. I came here for a solution, one was given to me, and now it is fixed.

Isn't that what these areas are for??

Nubius, Thank you for your help. It helped out alot.

Just ran Super Pi for the first time a few minutes ago to make sure my CPU was stable.

3200+ Venice 2.5GHz with 250MHz Rev2 TCC5s got about 33 seconds

gaara said:
Just ran Super Pi for the first time a few minutes ago to make sure my CPU was stable.

3200+ Venice 2.5GHz with 250MHz Rev2 TCC5s got about 33 seconds

If I may ask what are the specs of your whole computer. Check my sig for mine. Im just having trouble oc'ing the 3200+ venice. I cant get above 2.1GHz. Thanx.

The lowest time I got was about 42 seconds.

3200+ Venice
OCZ PE Rev2s
DFI lanparty nF4-D
6800GT

I got this cooled with watercooling so that may give me an advantage, but I'd say the Neo4 or the XMS memory would be your porblem if you're not using a divider. I think some of the newer Venices selling now have been tighter speedbinned and won't overclock as high.

geez thats why I got the venice instead of any other one
Can't be helped though, it's a repeat of the winchesters, the early ones were great overclockers to fill demand, but the later it gets the worse they become. Mines an LBBLE 0518APFW and it seems to be maxing out at 2.575GHz with 1.72vcore when earlier weeks are using LESS vcore than that and hitting 2.8GHz+

I'm disappointed as well

Can't be helped though, it's a repeat of the winchesters, the early ones were great overclockers to fill demand, but the later it gets the worse they become. Mines an LBBLE 0518APFW and it seems to be maxing out at 2.575GHz with 1.72vcore when earlier weeks are using LESS vcore than that and hitting 2.8GHz+
Have you gotten an updated BIOS yet so your sure the limit is with the CPU and not problems with the mobo?

Either way, nearly 600MHz OC isn't bad on that chip....

Have you gotten an updated BIOS yet so your sure the limit is with the CPU and not problems with the mobo?
Taiwan released three new BIOS's in a row, on 6/27, 6/28, 6/29 each are worse than the original 602 BIOS....they have yet to since put out a new one so I'm hoping they are sitting down to make a good one, but yeah I'm pretty damn sure it's the CPU that's not going to go further...voltage albeit being registered wrong is still voltage....I've seen numerous 3200+ venices already even with this flakey board posting 2.8GHz and on up so I'm fairly certain it's the chip limiting me.....near 600MHz aint that bad but I'm still disappointed....I ran 2.5GHz on my XP-M and although this is faster clock per clock and of course the memory bandwidth is greater I wanted 2.8GHz minimum to completely blow away my XP-M :(

Just pisses me off I gotta use 1.72v for 2.575GHz and others are using 1.6v to get 2.8Ghz+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom