GFX Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok folks, i bought an ASUS V9999 6800 GT not that long ago and recently learned that its clock is 350mhz/700mhz compared to the normal 500/1000 sported by other GTs.

What i was wondering is if my 6800 GT (high end card) still outperforms 6600GTs? (medium range card) (I no longer trust Asus with graphics cards)

Well how did you find the clock speed. Was it specified on the box? Also you card will not perform as well as the real stock speeds versions.

But it would probably be really really easy to OC to stock speeds. But I do think that your card now outperforms a 6600GT.

EDIT: I check some stuff out and found that those speeds are right. You should OC it to get back to stock speeds. You should have no problem OCing.

Why the hell is it clocked so low? At that rate, it's probably just barely out-performing a 66gt. OC that motha!

ASUS has done that with all of their 6800 GT cards. they have tweaked all of them

Folks, just wanna say I have not underclocked the card or anything. Asus automatically sets the clock on their 6800 GTs to 350/700.

So, am i outperforming 6600 GTs and if so by 'how much' (performance increase, a lot, not much, etc.)

It is basically a 6800nu with the extra 4 pipelines unlocked. So it is above the 6600gt (like the 6800nu is)

It still has the 128mb of normal V memory, which is fine for todays games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom