blank start up screen but with background

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootlegend

Solid State Member
Hello,
First time post here. Recently my computer ( Dell Inspiron 8600, Windows XP SP2, 512RAM, 80G HD )has started acting funny. When I turn it on the Windows blue screen act normal as it loads but then my background picture appears but no icons or even taskbar. I can move the cursor around but rightclicking doesnt open up any options. So I manually turn the power off and then back on after a couple of times the icons will finally appear and everything will work normal. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. I've learned a lot just from browsing these forums.

When you finally get to see your icons and sucg, go to start, run, type msconfig and then go to startup and disable everything except AV and FW and reboot and see if that makes your system load faster.

i have the same problem too but instead of restarting a couple time i just restore it to the recent day...oh and Warez Monster when i go to the start up on msconfig i see no AV and FW.

thanks for help but it still isn't right.....a window comes up and says that configs have changed .....should i use selective boot, normal boot, diagnostic boot,.....and i disabled all startup items except those with mcafee in the file name.....maybe i'm not doing something correctly...any more advice? THANKS!

should i leave it in selective startup? the icons still dont show up for a good while.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom