Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

damasta55r

In Runtime
Hello. I need help. I supposedly have three accounts on my computer, guest, Compaq_Administrator, and Administrator. Now, I recently had a password on Compaq_Administrator, which i've now gotten rid of. However, now there are less items that startup. I'm missing 7 items. They are listed in msconfig. Actually, the reason i stayed with the password until today was because if i got rid of it, startup items will be gone, but with the password, they'll appear. However i also encoutered the error the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact system administrator. I am the administrator yet it won't let me, so i was trying to fix it and decided to nick the password also. So could any of you pros help me fix these two problems. Much thanks for any replies. i have windows xp pro SP2. Items missing include quicktime,lexmarkk printer,sound,daemon tools, saitek, etc.
Roger

So are these programs marked in msconfig but you cant find or use the program? I'm a little confused.

Did you get it fixed? If not, download this:

regcleaner

its free.

Go to startup and see if you see desktop loading twice. If you do, delete the entry that reads common user and reboot and you should be fine.

no, i've had tha program for a while and ran it very recently. I'll troubleshoot, when i have more time. Thnx for the replies though.
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom