Prices for SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
Man I still wonder why the prices for Sdram are higher than the prices of DDR. Sdram is older so shouldn't it be cheaper?!? right now the price of a 256 Sdram is around 70 bucks or higher, but 512 DDR is only like 50 bucks haha that pisses me off because i have sdram.. and i only got 192mb of it i need more if someone can find a cheap 256 or 128 mb of SDRAM on sale then please tell me on the PM or something, NOTE: i am not rich :(

Its the whole supply and demand crap. DDR RAM is the standard for new computers, and manufacturers pump this stuff out like crazy. In a couple of years, DDR will be pretty pricey, and DDR2 will be dirt cheap.

Oh, I see. I also heard SDRAM is a little bit smoother than DDRAM. What's the difference between DDR and DDR2? I heard there will be a DDR3 soon too :/

A little bit smoother than DDR RAM? I dont understand :confused:

Difference between DDR and DDR2:
Number of pins DDR=184 DDR2=240.
Speeds-DDR2 is typically faster than DDR
Theres probably some others, but those are some of the important ones.

cool so does tha tmean i should trash this old computer and get a new one? cuz my budget is kidna limited.. i wanna spend like 200 or less trying to upgrade my old one... i don tneed hard drive i jus tneed speed.

Well, if you have $200 to spend, maybe you should go with some upgrades, or save up for a while to build a new one.

If you list all of your hardware specs, I can or someone else can help you out with upgrades.

If you're not sure how to find out the details about your hardware, follow the link in my sig.

Not bad for a system, the ram was a bit cheap though. If you saved up for good ram, than you could overclock that nicley, maybe get the XP-m instead. Nubius could get his to 2.8ghz.

What are your other specs?

ABIT NF7-S V2 Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 SPP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #: NF7-S V2
**This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this? <
Remove item from Cart Remove Save Save Move To Wish List
$76.00 $76.00
Memory - System
Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update pqi TURBO 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model PQI3200-512SPH - Retail
Model #: PQI3200-512SPH
$10.00 Mail-in Rebate
$44.00 $44.00
Processors
Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton 333MHz FSB Socket A Processor Model AXDA2600DKV4D - OEM
Model #: AXDA2600DKV4D
$77.99 $77.99
Subtotal: $197.99
Shipping
Zip Code: GO
*Enter your Zip Code and select a shipping option to determine your shipping cost. Shipping: $0.00
Redeem Gift Certificates
Claim Code:
Security Code: Redeem
Click here to add another Gift Certificate.
Gift Certificates $0.00
Apply Promo Code
Promo Code: Apply

Total(before tax): $197.99

It's supply and demand as Elabtrop stated

And the above build, seems very good for a value build, but you can use a mobile CPU and overclock easily, and that would be better

What do you have power supply wise, and video card.

ok, i will try to check what specs my computer has im not very good with computers but i like to game and watch movies

k i will post it here:

yanglu-pg1.JPG

yanglu-pg2.JPG

yanglu-pg3.JPG

yanglu-pg4.JPG

yanglu-pg5.JPG

this is the video and audio if anyone can find new drivers for these... because they said the cards are too old they don't make drivers for them anymore lol->
yanglu-pg6.JPG

so there are the 5 tabs of the specs and stuff take a look

PS about that 64 ram thing... i got ripped off by this mexican guy at the flea market, the case of that chip said 256mb sdram but then when i used it it was only 64mbs.. i knew you can't get anything with 5 bucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom