Dell Laptop Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh. can you get as far as booting from a cd? if so, put ur os cd in, and then repair the os, but not using the recovery console. choose to set up the os first, and then choose to repair by pressing "r." this will reinstall all the os files, but keep all ur documents and programs. i think it oly works with xp tho.. if you dont have it you can try... apart from that, i dont know what else you can do.

There is an adapter to hook up laptop hard drives via usb. It's an enclosure just like the ones for internal hard drives and media drives but just built for a laptop hd. Try searching ebay and newegg for one, I swear I've seen them on one of those sites. If they're not too spendy then you might be able to buy one and hopefully recover some of your data.

But how would it help if the hard drive it self is clicking? But I'm going to try the freeze trick again but this time im putting it in the freezer overnight

hd's can often click if the read heads run over sctratches and stuff.

you say that you will try the freezer trick, but this may only give you a short time, if any atall. do you have something to hand that you can transfer all your data onto?

p.s-nice laptop. it has a better spec that my pc :( lol

Yea I prepared a network computer for all the data but the freezer did nothing to help :( so pretty much all hope is lost because when I get my new hard drive from dell they want to take the old one back for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom